Welcome to our Exciting Story!

Welcome and thanks for stopping to look at our little exciting story.
China (Dianchi) is expecting our first foal by the stunning Avanti Amorous Archie (RID)
Click on the links to see where we are upto in our story.

Monday, 6 September 2010

May- The waiting game

So China was now home in the new ideal home, all ready to now go on maternity leave and half 18 months of doing nothing except making the next little superstar! The girls were very happy to be re-united once again and then developed an invisible bond, it was quite amusing to see them glued side by side wandering round the field and grazing.


So dawned the day of the 14 day scan! As I was sat outside China’s stable waiting for the Vet in the sunshine. China came and stood at her door for cuddles, this was most unusual as she is not a cuddly sort, did make me wonder but I wasn’t getting excited yet.

Luckily for me it was a positive scan, small but definitely there, and I was leaping about and being very excited. So excited in fact I didn’t question the fact the vet wanted to come back and do a 18 day scan too. Knowing that I’m protective over China I just put this down to my vet being cautious, I should have realised then all was not what it should be.

Back for the 18 day scan my vet was convinced that the pregnancy was starting to regress, and when she came back again for the 21 day scan it was gone. I was very upset and disappointed, however my vet said we should take this as a positive as after the disaster in March we at least now knew that she could take.

So once again we where back to square one with at least a glimmer that if we could time it right we might end up with the much desired foal.

No comments:

Post a Comment