Welcome to our Exciting Story!

Welcome and thanks for stopping to look at our little exciting story.
China (Dianchi) is expecting our first foal by the stunning Avanti Amorous Archie (RID)
Click on the links to see where we are upto in our story.

Monday, 6 September 2010

June- Attempt Number 2

So after everything that happened with her last cycle we let china have another season and naturally clear herself out before our next attempt.
I made the decision that this time I wanted to keep her at home as she isn’t the best traveller and I wanted to go with the lowest possible stress levels this time round. This did mean a lot more running around for me with needing to be at the yard for the vet rather than the ease of the clinic, but I was sure that keeping her at home would be for the best.

This time we now knew that we could let her get a much bigger folicle before we knew she would ovulate so we wouldn’t be in danger of missing that all important time. I took the day off work and popped up to the Stud to collect the semen and met the vet at the yard.

I don’t know if many people have been present when you have your mare AI, but its a bit of an anticlimax really! Either way attempt 2 was now underway and it was up to mother nature and China to do the work.

Scan at breakfast the next day showed that she had ovulated much sooner than the first time round and timing had been spot on. Again she had a tiny amount of fluid and to be safe we flushed her and gave her an oxytocin course.

In the back of my mind I was now thinking if it doesn’t happen this time I’m not sure I could go through this all again. So now it was back to waiting for that first scan again!

No comments:

Post a Comment